summer devotions: work, rest and pray
There’ll be three sets of daily readings, each lasting two weeks. You can work through all six weeks over the summer holidays, or just pick one set to do when you’re away soaking up the sun. As well as the lists of readings, there are going to be all kinds of other resources to help you make the most of these series.
1. Start following @lfonlinepastor on Instagram to receive daily visual reminders of the readings, along with brief notes to get you thinking and praying.
2. If you’d like to chat about how the readings helped you or any questions they sparked, you could do that on instagram or on Facebook. Every so often, I’ll post conversation starters on Facebook, but don’t feel you have to wait for me to get the conversation going! Share with us what God has been saying to you and let’s learn from and with each other.
3. Keep an eye out here for a playlist of Christian music which you could listen to while you’re reading and praying, or at other times during the day to remind you.
4. Prayer doodle sheets! There’ll be one of these for each of the three series, available to download and print. It will have the readings for each day along with space for you to make notes, jot down prayers, or just doodle while you meditate on the readings.
5. Colouring sheets! For each series, there will be two or three colouring sheets you can download and print out. Colouring is a great way to take time to meditate on God’s word, as well as being wonderfully relaxing and fun. Why not take some coloured pencils or felt tips on holiday with you this summer?!
6. Reading suggestions. If you want to take the opportunity to think more about the themes of work, rest and prayer, I’ll also be suggesting a few of books you might want to look at.
If you start the series on Monday July 20th, you’ll be finished with all three sets by the August bank holiday, ready for something new starting in September.